Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hong Kong sites













The Church Administration Building of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints located at 118 Gloucester Road in Wan Chai on Hong Kong Island. This is where we go to church!


On the top of Victoria Peak overlooking the HK skyline. It's not the greatest picture, but you get the general idea. Here, we're with the Galke's. This was during Arvid's medical conference held here in October.



At 10,000 Buddha Monument. There are actually around 12,000 or so. Here are at least 8 of them - including a female one!






Grandma Peggy in Bird Market Heaven!


















Now she sits in our kitchen perusing the guidebooks to see if there is anything she missed. (I don't think so!)







Peggy and Kelly shop on Fa Yeun Street. Maybe you'll get a sneak peek at your Christmas presents for next year...






This is a view out our living room window. What you don't see if the view to the left - of the South China Sea and the amusement park, Ocean Park - and to the right - Victoria Peak.








Kelly and Peggy pose in front of the IFC2 - the tallest building in Hong Kong (for a little while longer...)










Arvid and Peggy in Hong Kong Park. They're on a path that leads them directly under a waterfall. It's beautiful there!









Hiking on one of the hundreds of trails in the area. This one is in the New Territories. Now don't you want to come visit???

4 comments:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

YES I want to come visit! Thanks for posting all these pictures! They're great!! We miss you!

NatPalmer said...

Cool sights! My mom's college roommate, Julia Lewis & her family live in Hong Kong. She told my mom that they met Richard Wood (old Westridge principal) & his wife who are on a mission there! I guess it's a small world.

Unknown said...

This is Corey Houskeeper, formerly of Price, UT. This is kinda interesting, but Arvid gave me my Melchizedek Priesthood, and I would like to get in contact with him so that I can try to trace my priesthood lineage. Please have him contact me! fife_2@yahoo.com

jes said...

Kelly! I'm getting married and want to send you guys an announcement... email me your address and let me know :) steele.jes6@gmail.com... MISS YALL!!