Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Zealand

Welcome to New Zealand!!!
Arvid, Ryan and I arrived in New Zealand on April 10 (Brooklyn's 1st birthday!). Here we are at the airport!

We did SO many fun things, but I will have to spend lots of time chronicling everything. This will take some time. So let me start by adding a picture of the harbor in Auckland at the beginning of our trip...

That afternoon, we went to a maritime museum and had a great time. Later we took a ferry to an outlying town where we strolled the area, went to dinner, and browsed at a bookstore.

Among our many activities, Ryan did his first bungee jump. This was off a platform that jutted out from a cliff. He landed in the water - from his head to his waist (in that order).

In the close up, you can see the cliff and the platform - and, of course, his wetness!

Crazy kid, but he'd do it again!


1 comment:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

YAY YOU'RE BACK!!! I'm so glad you're updating again! I can't wait to see more about your trip. And YIKES I didn't realize that Ryan's bungee jump actually put him in the water! That sounds kind of dangerous... I mean hitting the water at that velocity? I would think they would just come NEAR the water!