Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fall 2008





I'm not sure the season can really be called "Fall" as we had the warmest (about 90 degrees) October on record (in over 100 years) but, nonetheless, it IS autumn. Here are some photos of our Halloween celebrations. We start by visiting the 9th floor.  This family really went all out. There were screaming witches, shrieking banshees, moving hands, blinking red eyes, etc. It was almost too much. But it was VERY Halloween-y. And very dark. I didn't really know what I was aiming my camera at, but my trusty flash captured it all. 

Then I took pictures of our entryway. Ryan thought our neighbors, who share the floor with us, were "fun" because they decorated, so we joined in. Corey, the woman who lives there, dressed as a witch, as I did. And at one point, 5 little girl witches all came to the doors at once, so we took a picture of all 7 of us witches. Fun! We even had some scary music downloaded and playing on our stereo. 

Ryan dressed in a large green sombrero and a big handlebar mustache. He looked very cool and I didn't get a picture! When he returned from the party he attended, the 'stache was gone. It fell and got stuck on the bottom of a girl's shoes and he refused to wear it after that. Imagine! 

2 comments:

Erika said...

Hooray!! You updated! Now I guess it's my turn. So, how many years in a row have you been a witch? And why are there no pictures of dad on here? Poor dad. So left out.

Carlson Family said...

I've been a witch, hmmm, MANY years because I lack the drive for creativity and the work required to put something else together. And I have a witch hat and black clothes - easy. Now, if someone were to steal my hat, I might have to break down and do something else!
No pictures of Dad because he wasn't scary enough? And we have lots of him sitting at his desk chair - they all look the same. Yes, so left out...